Check out these delicious recipes that, of course,
use ingredients you’ll find right here on our market!
Be sure to tag any market products you use in the recipes, and
feel free to post a picture or add a comment!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Baked Eggs in Maple Toast Cups
Source: The Official Vermont Maple Cookbook, pamphlet by the Vermont Dept of Ag (Entered by Jennifer Ruff)
A twist on an egg and bacon sandwich with that incomparable maple flavor – yum! Even better, they’re easy, and great for company!
Serves: serves 3-6
Step by Step Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter 6 large muffin cups.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and add syrup.
- Flatten bread with rolling pin. Brush with syrup mixture and pat slices into prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle bacon, ham or sausage into bottom of each bread-lined cup. Break an egg into each cup; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 15 min, or til eggs are set. Run a knife around sides of muffin cups to loosen bread and gently lift out toast cups. Serve immediately.
Comments added by fellow market members.