Check out these delicious recipes that, of course,
use ingredients you’ll find right here on our market!
Be sure to tag any market products you use in the recipes, and
feel free to post a picture or add a comment!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Perfect Pie Crust
Source: Connie Brunswick (Entered by Kathryn Bensman)
Just wanted to share this perfect pie crust recipe from my sister-in-law . I have tried it numerous times and have yet to screw it up – perfect flaky crust EVERY time! BONUS this works equally well with gluten free flour blends!!!! (I had to give up wheat all through nursing our second daughter, and thanks to this recipe I could still have flaky pie crust – YES!!!)
Serves: makes 1 9" pie crust
Step by Step Instructions
- Sift Flour, Sugar, and Salt together
- Cut in Lard until it resembles coarse crumbs
- Mix Egg, Vinegar, and Water, and add to Flour mixture
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes
- Roll out crust and use as needed!
Comments added by fellow market members.