Check out these delicious recipes that, of course,
use ingredients you’ll find right here on our market!
Be sure to tag any market products you use in the recipes, and
feel free to post a picture or add a comment!
Back to Listings
Click here to go back to the recipe listings
Pasta with Asparagus, Crispy Bacon and Parmesan
Source: Jamie Oliver (Entered by Deborah Spencer)
Simple and simply delicious!
Serves: Serves 4
Step by Step Instructions
- Snap the woody bottoms off the asparagus and throw them away (or into the compost).
- Cut off the top 2-1/2 inches of each stalk, put aside and finely chop the remaining stalks.
- Heat a wide frying pan and gently fry the chopped asparagus stalks in a little olive oil with the bacon or pancetta. When the asparagus softens slightly, turn the heat off and mash the roughly with the back of a fork.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water, according to package instructions. Add the asparagus and bacon.
- Stir in most of the Parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. If needed loosen the pasta with a little of the cooking water.
- Serve with the last of the Parmesan sprinkles on top.
Comments added by fellow market members.